Friday, April 16, 2010

of life, love, muffin tops and a handle on it all!

It goes without saying that motherhood is amazing. Its a wonderful adventure of crazy hormones that take over you life for longer then nine months, no longer having a clean house, piles of dirty diapers, and constantly having your heart outside of your body. I wouldnt change being a mommy for anything. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

However, the challenge of feeling sexy and disirable as a mom is alot harder then i ever imagined. Dont get me wrong, there are moments that I find my self feeling like a MILF, but most of the time I feel more like a cow, or at least a rather large goat. My husband is amazing, he will take one look at my fat stretchmarked, saggy boobed body and still enjoy our love making time. I am sure I will look back in years to come and realize that my monsterous body really truely isnt as bad as I think, but for now I look in the mirror and want to gag.

My new ritual is to try to embrace the muffin top, while I have no intention of keeping my jelly rolls, love handles or flower pot boobs, I am learning to love them (uh huh) while they are around. I am trying hard to work my good assets, like who would have thought that these taataas would look so nice in that shirt with this bra? or my eyes will pop with this makeup, and I still have that post pregnancy shine in my hair. I am trying hard to get out of the rut of sitting around in my pjs. I shower everyday and take time to do the things that make me feel sexy, even if my hunny bunny doesnt notice. There is no shame in shaving your legs, lathering yourself in post shower lotion, air drying on the bed while ready a cosmo, and then jumping up the moment the baby wakes up.

Another aspect of motherhood very few people will tell you about is post baby love making. Wow. Ever since we got to pink lines, our time in between the sheets has been out of this world. I figured the moment we had baby, our love life would hit the fan. I will admit that there are many a night we kiss then roll over and lights out, however, we try to turn up the heat at least once a week, and it keeps hubby and I on the same page. We are more in sync with each other, life, and parenting.

While I by no means have a handle on every bit of this crazy roller coster, I enjoy it, I see the fun in it, and though I dont always feel like a hot mama covered in baby drool, I know that I am. I am a confident woman, and that alone makes me the object of the only man's desire that I demand. And as long as that stays the same, I guess the only muffin top he will be having is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment